Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cats

I hate cats. 
They're scratchy, meowy, untrainable, allergy inducing little fur-balls. I've had asthma all my life so I can say with experience that there's nothing more exhilarating than playing "where's my inhaler" at three in the morning because, apparently, I only befriend people who enjoying rubbing cat dander all over their guest beds.  When it comes to listing things I enjoy, 'cats' fall somewhere between drinking pond water and siphoning elephant turds. 

But even having said all that, there's no way I'd just allow this cute little kitten I drove past on my way to laundry to get run over. Not on my watch! 


I was on my scooter with a bag of laundry between my legs doing ten kilometers under- as usual, when I saw this large rat slowly crossing the road. 


Well it wasn't a rat but a new born kitten that was obviously lost and scared out of its mind. Luckily, I drive this street everyday on my bike and I knew right where it's mother and brothers and sisters were at! So what'd I do? 
That's right, I kept on driving because its just a stupid cat. 
But minutes later as I was doing laundry my conscious started to wheeze. 
And even though I hate cats I felt bad for just leaving it on its own when its within my power to do something. 
I quickly rode back to the road where I last saw the cat. Thankfully, he hadn't moved much and was still alive. I parked the scooter, grabbed the cat by its scruff and walked him all the way back to his family where his mother was anxiously waiting. 
I think the cat was still too much of a newborn to see anything and he had just wondered off on his own. Dogs of course   would never do such a thing. 

So that was that. I helped a cat today. Now all I gotta do is find my inhaler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment